The academic computing department includes various teams who's goal is assist the academic and research community.
Academic computing provides a wide range of services to the user community.
Examples of some of the many services provided:
- This wiki!
- Desktop support and hardware maintenance
- Remote connectivity via the
- ssl vpn
- [school:Remote Shell Access]
- High performance and redundant NAS storage (netapps)
- Network connectivity and internet access (I2 as well)
- Network and OS Security and protection from malware
- Webed website
- Email via exchange or imail
- Operating system support for departmental servers (Windows and Linux)
- HPC computational resources via lapis
- Any other items we should highlight?
Academic computing is structured into various teams so that we can focus to meet your needs.
Those teams are:
- Helpdesk - The face of IT and the first place to check for help
- School Desktop Support
- Web Office
- Networking Services
- Cabling Infrastructure
- Network Operations
- Distributed Network Services (Linux/Unix)
- Server and Storage team
- Exchange Support and Engineering