If you are a course supporter or course director in a 3rd or 4th year clerkship, you have the ability to copy your course from one rotation to the next. (a.k.a. one block to the next)
As an example, let's say you want to copy a course called "Clerkship Block 1A" into the next rotation called "Clerkship Block 1B".
- Log into Blackboard
- Go into the course that has content you want to copy.
- Select Packages and Utilities on the bottom left, below the Control Panel.
- Click Course Copy
- For Destination Course ID select Browse.
- This is where you have to find the course you are going to copy the materials . (For this example we are copying Clerkship Block 1B)
- If you have a hard time finding your course use the search bar. You can change the bubbles to search by Course ID or the Name of the course.
- Select the course you want to copy your materials by clicking on the radio button next to it.
- Click Submit
- Now we need to tell Blackboard what exactly we are copying.
- Click the Select All button.
- Scroll down and make sure that every other option is checked EXCEPT FOR "Availability"
- We leave Availability unchecked because we don't want the next clerkship to suddenly become available to students if it is not yet ready.
- You need to manually check Course Guest Access, Course Observer Access, Duration, and Enrollment Options.
- Ignore all the other options / settings and click Submit
- Wait for an E-mail notification to let you know the copy has finished.
- Click into the Clerkship you have copied into to verify the content is now there.